Overview and Specifications:
- The rasbperry pi, X820 Board and 18650 battery are all not included.
- We strongly recommend to use 18650 batteries with large capacity and large brand standard specifications
- Power supply: 5.1Vdc，2.5~4A
- UPS output: 5.1V 3A
- UPS charging current: 2.5A
- Terminal Battery Voltage: 4.2V
- Recharge Threshold: 3.99V
- The X720 is a multifunctional expansion board for all current models of the Raspberry Pi using a 40 pin header. It provides intelligent and safe power management, remote power on/wake on lan, safe shutdown and full poweroff through software, an advanced uninterruptible power supply, second 10/100M fast Ethernet, and a real- time clock.
- The X720 reserves the 40-pin header that can be stacked with other Raspberry Pi accessory boards for enhanced applications. The X720 can also be used with the X820 (2.5″ HDD/SSD Shield) and X850 (MSATA SSD shield) for safe data backup.
- The X720 is with on-board 40-pin header that it can be stacked with other Raspberry Pi hat expansion boards, for example, the X720 can be used with the X820 (2.5″ HDD/SSD Shield) for safe data backup
[SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS AND WARNINGS]
You must read these safety instructions and warnings before charging your batteries.
Lithium Polymer and Li-ion batteries are volatile. Failure to read and follow the below instructions may result in fire, personal injury and damage to property if charged or used improperly.
Never make wrong polarity connection when charging and discharging battery packs. Always double check polarity of battery’s connector to make sure “+” to “+” and “-” to “-“.
Do not mix and use old batteries and new batteries, or batteries with different brand names.
Lithium batteries has it’s cycle life, please replace old battery with new one when it reaches it’s service life or when it is two year old, whichever comes first.
When charging Battery Pack, please put battery in a fire proof container. Please don’t leave the X720 on the wood material or carpet and unattended.
Must keep the X720 away from children.
[For Use With]
- Raspberry Pi 1 Model B+/ 2 Model B / 3 Model B / 3 Model B+ / 3 Model A+
- Raspbian Stretch
- Safe shutdown function tested for Raspbian, other operating systems to be tested and advised
Smart Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS):
- 18650 dual Cells Lithium Ion Holder
- Support discharge when charging.
- Can work with single or dual 18650 Lithium Ion battery
- Integrated battery protection circuit
- Integrated over current protection and over voltage protection
- Intergrated Maxim’s fuel-gauge systems (Reading battery voltage and precentage via i2c)
- Intelligent automatic charging and discharging
- Automatic safe shutdown when battery low (voltage lt,3.0V)
- On-board LED blinking when the battery condition low (voltage lt,3.0V)
- On-board LEDs show the status of battery charging and dischargin
- Provide linux shell to software safe shutdown (refer to wiki)
- PCB Size: 85mm x 63mm
- Provides continuous operations for up to 10hours (depending on battery type used)
- 5.1V 3000mA Power Backup for even the most demanding Pi 3 set ups (To some extent depends on the quality and capacity of your 18650 battery)
- We strongly recommend you use the famous brand amp,big capicity 3.7V 18650 lithium battery)
Intelligent and safe power management:
- Press the power button to turn on
- Press the button and hold for 1~2 seconds to reboot.
- Press the button and hold for 3~7 seconds for safe shutdown.
- Press the button and hold for gt,8 seconds to force shutdown.
- Supports safe shutdown and full poweroff through software.
- On-board LED shows the status of power on, reboot and shutdown.
Integrated second 10/100M fast ethernet:
- Supports remote power on/wake on lan(WOL) via Link-change, Magic packet, MS wakeup frame
- On-board LED shows the status of power on/wakeup packet indication
Integrated Hardware Real Time Clock (RTC) with Battery Back-Up:
- You no longer need a separate RTC module because we have integrated it.
- Provide the installation script base Raspbian OS.
- Uses the most precise DS3231 RTC real time clock
- Uses the 18650 battery to maintain the date and time – no additioanl battery require
Reserved 40-pin stackable Header for Add-On Boards:
- Powers the Raspberry Pi via the 40-pin header – no additional cabling required
- Works with all current models of the Raspberry Pi using a 40 pin header
- Power management and second ethernet can still work without 18650 battery
- On-board DC jack (5.5*2.5mm) and micro-USB socket convenient for power input
- On-board connector allowing to connect external power switch and DIY your perfect case
- Mounting holes and standoffs provide mechanical stability of the Raspberry Pi and X720 assemble
[How to Power it?]
Provides 2 kinds of power supply methods, only the difference of charging connectors
- DC 5V 3A / via on board micro-USB socket
- DC 5V 3A / via DC jack – 5.5×2.5mm port
1. DO NOT APPLY POWER TO YOUR RASPBERRY PI VIA THE PI’s MICRO USB SOCKET.
2. DO NOT APPLY POWER TO X720 VIA THE X820’s MICRO USB SOCKET AND DC JACK AT THE SAME TIME.
3. DO NOT USE 18650 BATTERY WITH BUILT-IN PROTECTION CIRCUIT
User manual and more details, please refer to our WIKI: raspberrypiwiki.com/index.php/X720