Overview and Specifications:
This is a 0.96 inch IPS TFT LCD expansion board with serial SPI interface. This display has a controller built into it with RAM buffering, so that it is easy to control by MCU. It leads out the pins of the TFT and breakout pins pitch is 2.54mm, so the secondary development is easy.
It leads out PAD pins so that you can plug it onto the breadboard or use dupont cable to connect it for Arduino board.
Use with RTC module, you can design your clock.
Use with NFC reader module, you can create access control systems with the photos show.
– Can use it to display characters, graphics and BMP format images.
First you should know the breakout board is 3.3V logic level and it can not connect for Arduino 5V Board directly.
You have to choice:
1: Do not plug USB cable and supply external 3.3V power for the 5V pin on for Arduino board, so that it works at 3.3V logic level.
2: Use some 3.3V MCU development board, such as OPEN-SMART UNO R3 that has a 5V/3.3V switch to select 5V or 3.3V logic level.
Because the logic level is 3.3V, it is compatible for Arduino 3.3V board, you generally need to add a level conversion circuit if you use for Arduino 5V Board
– Resolution: 160 * 80, 16-bit color
– Dot pitch: 0.135(H) x 0.1356(V) mm (High definition)
– Display size: 0.96 inch,
– Active area: 10.8(H) x 21.7(V) mm
– Drive IC: ST7735
– Operating voltage: 3.2 – 5.5V,
– Logic level: 5V or 3.3V,
– Operating current: the maximum is 40mA
– IO Port Package: PAD is available, and the pin pitch is 2.54mm.
– 4 wire SPI digital interface – SDA, SCK, CS and DC pins.
– RST pin can connect to RESET pin for Arduino or other pins and use code to reset the TFT
– LED pin can connect to external backlight control circuit to control the brightness of backlight. You can connect it to GND to turn on the backlight all day.
– Great for DIY